Mabinogi had a server merge on June 3rd, 2019 where the Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach servers were merged into the Nao server. Any duplicate character names across these servers had the character's name changed to include a "+server" tag. Follow the details below for more information on how to change your character's name if your character is affected.
- Any characters (not pets or partners) that have the tag +Mari, +Ruairi, or +Tarlach tag in the name are eligible for a free name change through the Name Change page on the Mabinogi website.
- You will be able to request a name change for any character on the account.
- The number of name changes available to you depend on how many characters on the account are affected by the "+server" tag.
- When submitting a request, click "Check Availability" first to check the name's availability, then click "Confirm" to reserve the name.
- If "Confirm" is not clicked, the name will not be reserved.
Please remember to read the full Name Change Information and Limitations on the web post: [Announcement] Name Change Availability
A name change request will be cancelled if a character is under any of the conditions below:
- If a character is in a guild or is waiting to be accepted into a guild.
- If a character has a Seal Breaker Title.*Does not affect the G1 title, 'the Seal-Breaker of Another World'.
- If a character is married.
- If a character is in a family.
- If a character is waiting to be deleted.
- If a character is banned.
- If a character has a shop in the Marketplace, is currently bidding for a shop, or if a character has a shop item or money in the Marketplace inventory, including from expired Marketplaces.
Reserved name changes will be processed during every weekly maintenance on Thursdays.
If you are encountering an issue when trying to reserve a name through the name change web page, please submit a support ticket with the following information:
- Ticket Title: [Name Change Request] Character Name
- Current Character Name
- Server (Nao)
- Preferred New Name
- Please submit 3 potential new names, in the order of preference, as the availability of the preferred name cannot be guaranteed.
- Screenshot of the name change error message.
(If you are experiencing this issue on multiple characters, please submit a separate ticket for each character with the above information.)
We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may cause, and thank you for your patience.