UPDATE 13:00 PST 6/25: Please note that the error message for the below issue had a mistake, as it also noted that the player had items in the Cash Shop Inventory. This has now been updated to reflect the message, "The Account has an Item in the Marketplace (Housing) Inventory. Visit the Bank NPC in the Marketplace to Retrieve Items."
Players received the previous error message when they had either gold or items in their Marketplace inventory. If you have previously submitted a ticket regarding this issue, please retrieve the items and gold from your Marketplace inventory. This can be done by speaking with the Bank NPC in the Marketplace (Erhard, Leslie, Clodagh, or Bernardo) and choosing 'Shop Menu' to access the Marketplace options.
From there, please select 'Retrieve Items' to retrieve the items and gold from your Marketplace inventory.
Once you have retrieved the items and gold from your Marketplace Inventory, please return to the Name Change Reservation web page and attempt to reserve your character's changed name once again.
If you are still experiencing issues after doing this, please submit a support ticket and attach a screenshot of your empty Marketplace inventory, alongside the other information listed below.
We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may cause, and thank you for your patience.
Known Issue[RESOLVED, see above]: Characters who had items in the cash shop Item Shop Inventory prior to the June 3rd server merge will be unable to submit a name change request through the Name Change Reservation web page.
If you receive the error message “Character has an Item in the Cash Shop Inventory”, please first check your Item Shop Inventory in-game on the character, and retrieve any items.
If there are no items in the Item Shop Inventory, in order to submit a proper name change request, please submit a support ticket with the following information:
- Ticket Title: [Name Change Request] Character Name
- Ticket Type: Game Related - Other
- Current Character Name
- Server (Nao)
- Preferred New Name
- Please submit 3 potential new names, in the order of preference, as the availability of the preferred name cannot be guaranteed.
- Screenshot of the in-game cash shop Item Shop Inventory
- Screenshot of the name change error message.
(If you are experiencing this issue on multiple characters, please submit a separate ticket for each character with the above information.)
Please remember to read the full Name Change Information and Limitations on the web post: [Announcement] Name Change Availability
A name change request will be cancelled if a character is under any of the conditions below:
- If a character is in a guild or is waiting to be accepted into a guild.
- If a character has a Seal Breaker Title.*Does not affect the G1 title, 'the Seal-Breaker of Another World'.
- If a character is married.
- If a character is in a family.
- If a character is waiting to be deleted.
- If a character is banned.
- If a character has a shop in the Marketplace, is currently bidding for a shop, or if a character has a shop item or money in the Marketplace inventory, including from expired Marketplaces.
Reserved name changes will be processed during every weekly maintenance on Thursdays. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may cause, and thank you for your patience.