If you are receiving any NGS Initialization errors, it is more than likely your antivirus or firewall software detecting Mabinogi as a possible threat to your computer.
It's possible that your computers security system (anti-virus or anti-malware programs) are interacting with HackShield and BlackCipher, and removing files. This will cause the game to crash.
There are generally two ways to fix this:
1. Add the Mabinogi folder to the exceptions or safe “white list” on your computer's security program. This will prevent it from deleting files from HackShield and BlackCipher.
2. Perform repair installation.
To Perform 'Repair Installation' when you are using Nexon Launcher:
1. Click the Mabinogi game icon.
3. A pop up message will then appear. Click Repair Installation and then click 'OK'.
4. Just wait for it to finish. Open the game again and then check if the issue persist.
To Perform 'Repair Installation' when you are using Steam:
1. Locate Mabinogi in your Library. Right click on it and select Properties.
2. Click on LOCAL FILES. Then select VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE.
3. Wait until Validating Steam files completes at 100%.
We are able to confirm that a majority of the of the NGS errors are coming from AVG Antivirus Security. In order to be able to resolve this issue, please follow the directions below. We would also suggest adding Mabinogi to the Exceptions list also located in your settings page. This may help in resolving the issue that you are encountering.
If you use Norton SONAR and have received this error, please follow these steps:
1. Open Norton.
2. Click on "settings" at the top.
3. Click on "antivirus."
4. Under SONAR advanced mode, the "Remove risks automatically" option is default set to "high-certainty only."
5. You can change this to "ask me" by clicking on it.
6. Click "apply."
We would also like to recommend that you make sure that your computer has all available updates. Please follow the steps provided below.
Click the Windows "Start" button, then select Settings - (Control Panel if on Windows 7 or older) > Update & security (System if on Windows 7 or older)> Windows Update > Check for updates. Make sure that you download all available updates (if any) on your computer.